With Office 2019 being released – what does this mean to you?
If you purchase Office as a one off and don’t have an Office 365 subscription you can now have Office 2019 for business (personal to follow). However this will only be available if you are on Windows 10 (or on Mac the three most recent versions of macOS).
Whats the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019 you ask? See the below from Microsoft:
Office 2019 (for both Windows and Mac) is a one-time purchase and does not receive feature updates after you purchase it. Office 2019 includes a meaningful subset of features that are found in Office 365, but it’s not part of Office 365. Office 2019 will receive quality and security updates as required.
Office 365 is a user-based subscription service powered by the Microsoft cloud. It provides access to a suite of services beyond what the on-premises version has and receives feature updates on an ongoing basis. It includes the most productive, secure, and up-to-date features.
What’s new in Office 2019?
- Black theme
- Learning tools (captions and audio descriptions)
- Speech feature (text-to-speech)
- Improved inking functionality
- Accessibility improvements
- Funnel charts, 2D maps, and timelines
- New Excel functions and connectors
- Ability to publish Excel to PowerBI
- PowerPivot enhancements
- PowerQuery enhancements
- Zoom capabilities for ordering of slides within presentations
- Morph transition feature
- Ability to insert and manage Icons, SVG, and 3D models
- Improved roaming pencil case
- Updated contact cards
- Office 365 Groups1
- Focused inbox
- Travel and delivery summary cards
Any questions just ask!